April 1, 2022
Mashatu Euphorbia is the magnificent new eco five- star camp
Set atop a cliff, hidden beneath towering euphorbia succulents, Mashatu Euphorbia Villas is the magnificent new eco five-star camp within Mashatu Game Reserve.
MEV is an intimate composition of 8 luxury villas. The shape of the villas draws inspiration from the local Mopane pod. The Mopane tree is hugely significant in this area, as it is the main source of food for all the animals during the very dry winter months. The curves and unique shapes are moulded with local raw materials, to echo the breath-taking natural beauty of the reserve.
Sustainability is at the heart of the earthy glamour, with solar-heated private plunge pools, solar air-conditioning, and a conservation consciousness thread throughout every element of the camp.
With 92% rain-free days per annum at Mashatu, solar energy was the logical step to take, along with state-of-the-art water treatment and recycling systems, creating an oasis of conservation harmony.
Guests are welcomed into their own private villas with decks overlooking the ravine below. The 8 secluded villas embody a stillness, a peaceful solitude to unwind and let go. They boast an inside shower and outside shower, an inside W.C and second “loo with a view” and are spacious with many seating areas and relaxation points.
Airy communal spaces encourage guests to connect with the untamed paradise around them, while cozy nooks welcome an aura of relaxation. Guests are welcomed to the nest, perched on the edge of the cliff face, to enjoy their morning coffee and watch the sunrise. During high tea, many antelope and elephants can be seen drinking and frolicking in the Majale river below the camp, as the rolling hills unwind towards the horizon.
Guests savour the essence of exclusivity with only 4 guests per safari vehicle as they explore the 32000-hectare (76600 acre) reserve, with skilled guides with an average of 14 years’ experience on Mashatu, showcasing the daily sightings of lion, leopard, cheetah, elephant, hyena and general plains game. Returning after the night drive, magical fireside evenings are created, as guests sit beneath up lit euphorbia candelabra trees, enjoying fresh flavours and savouring the dramatic dining experience.
With a myriad of ways to explore the reserve, Mashatu Euphorbia Villas offers an antidote to the traditional Botswana experience, redefining the luxury, immersive wildlife experience.
• 5-star accommodation
• Green energy – solar power
• Elevated and exquisite views over the Majale River
• Situated within a natural Euphorbia forest
• 8 air-conditioned villas
• Private heated plunge pools in every villa
• Wi-Fi in the villas
• 4 pax per vehicles
• Beverages included in rate (local & imported)
• Laundry included
• No under 16-year old’s
• Guide/pilot accommodation available
• Green energy – 298 solar panels
• Fully solar air-conditioned villas
• Solar-heated plunge pools
• Water treatment plant to recycle grey water for use in gardens and washing vehicles
• Indigenous/Natural Bush gardens
• Euphorbia trees were left in their original location and building happened around these trees. Where necessary, Euphorbias were safely replanted elsewhere in the camp.
• All building materials sourced sustainably
• Local builders were upskilled in the building process
W: Mashatu Euphorbia Villas